A day ago, the world will once again be reminded about the risks involved in motorsports, Leo Lowenstein was in his Aston Martin in the VLN race when his car went airborne, damaging the rear of the car and instantly catching fire.
Lowenstein survived the impact fine, however, he was killed because he couldn't escape from the burning car fast enough, the toxic fumes sealed his fate....
R.I.P Leo Lowenstein
Even though Leo Lowenstein isn't as well known as compatriots, Nico Rosberg or Michael Schumacher, but he is after all, a racing driver. He was doing what he loved and had the utmost passion for...
On the side note, I realised motorsports just don't get as much recognition as other sports do. Not anyone with a license can do it, this activity requires commitment, guts, skills and clear thinking... (sheer luck as well)
I am writing all these because I remembered Michael Park (thanks Peugeot-your 307 is junk)....
(At time of writing, i suddenly lost respect for footballers... for the way some of them can pretend to be injured... Yet racing drivers were kept well-honest of the risk of death; even with modern safety equipments...)
0 Comments:
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Go Back