Lost by a whisker...


(Saturday, June 6, 2009)

The APRC (some sort of Robotics competition) ended some days ago, Coral Secondary returned empty-handed. Well, normally i would just shake my head and go "Who's fault was that?". But then, on that day, 2nd June, it was all quite different.

Actually, that was the most exciting competition I've ever participated throughout my stay in Robotics and one of the most memorable one. Although, all of us lost, but somehow we're still smiling (yeap, me included); and its not because we're taking it too easily, its because we seem to learn about our opponents better now, as well as where we're weak. Besides, through the competition, I finally saw the display of team spirit at its fullest. we cheered on for one another (sort of) and gave each other a good pat on the shoulder at times. Even a civil war between 2 opposing parties (Zhong Han, Yan Chien, I'm looking at you...) willingly and temporarily "put down" grudges; although they would curse each other secretly back in school.

For me, well, somehow Lady Luck was missing and that the rules favoured West Spring more than Coral's me. I couldn't advance fast enough and lost... Disappointed, sure enough, who wouldn't? However, i still gave a smile because i knew that i had the club's support when i competed and that i had other club members who themselves were eliminated helping me with sourcing parts just so that i can pull through the match.

Despite all that though, I lost... by a whisker...
But, its not the defeat that's worth remembering, its the camaraderie, though that may seem temporary. At least its still better than having none of those team spirit, like in 4/7. And to be fair, there is quite alot to compliment about 4/7, however, there's also quite alot to critisize as well.

All in all, I just hope Lady Luck would reappear in my life again...

Wrote by Agent 007 (maybe we should call it a Cockster) at 4:29 PM

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Go Back



Quantum of Solace, a bloggertemplate designed by MadeByJoca (c) 2008